Don't Wait - Check the Date!
Fire damage can be extremely devastating to your home or business, how prepared are you?
SERVPRO of Farmington and Farmington Hills is here to make sure that you have the information you need to prevent a fire and to help you during the aftermath of a fire. Our SERVPRO technicians are highly qualified and certified in Fire & Water Restoration. Our crews work around the clock to come to the rescue and return your home or business back to pre-fire condition. Not only can we clean the structure, but we can also remove stubborn odor and soot from upholstery and carpeting.
DID YOU KNOW?
Different types of fires require different types of extinguishers. For example, a grease fire and an electrical fire require the use of different extinguishing agents to effectively and safely put the fire out.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has used the slogan, "Don't Wait - Check the Date! - Replace Smoke Alarms Every 10 Years" in one of their past campaigns and we're here to make sure it stays at the top of your mind! The NFPA strives to educate the public about the basic and necessary elements for fire prevention. The public has many misconceptions about smoke alarms, including how to check the date, when to replace them, and how many you should have in your home. Check out the NFPA's website for Smoke Alarm Tips!
We would like you to be as knowledgeable as possible on fire safety, so here are a few tips:
- Always watch your cooking - do not leave anything on the stove or in the oven unattended.
- Test Smoke Alarms - Test your alarms once a month and replace batteries as needed.
- Be careful when using candles - Keep candles far away from flammable substances and surfaces.
- Have a fire escape plan - make an escape plan and practice it frequently.
- Smoke outside - If you are a smoker, have a deep ashtray and remember to NEVER smoke in bed.