House Fire in Farmington Hills, MI
This soot covered kitchen in Farmington Hills, MI was the result of a cooking fire. The homeowner stepped away from the food they were preparing and it caught fire. Notice the heavy soot on the ceiling; this spread throughout the entire first floor. Our Professional Technicians placed Air Scrubbers to purify the air, a Hydroxyl generator and performed a deep clean.
The science behind the Hydroxyl generator as stated in Restoration "Hydroxyl radicals (·OH) are created naturally in the atmosphere when the sun’s ultraviolet rays react with water vapor (H2O) and oxygen (O2). They rapidly decompose chemicals in the air and are often referred to as “nature’s broom” because of their crucial role in helping to keep the Earth’s atmosphere clear of harmful organic and inorganic compounds. Hydroxyls work primarily by abstracting hydrogen atoms, thereby dismantling the molecular structure of odors and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). In fact, they react so rapidly that indoor environments have few natural hydroxyls present because they are consumed near their point of entry. Powerful hydroxyl generators using the same broad range of UV radiation as the sun are now used to naturally clean and deodorize indoor environments"