Ugly Stains on Foundation Walls in Southfield, MI
Many homeowners use their unfinished basements for storage. When ugly stains appear on the lower portion of a foundation wall it could be a sign of larger problems. Ground water that pools near the foundation wall could cause water intrusion from poor drainage.
As seen in this before and after, dark black/gray stains are a sign of mold. Mold typically thrives in damp, humid areas. If you suspect mold in your basement, the first step is to identify and correct the source of the water problem. If you have mold in an area in your basement that is larger than 10 square feet, you should not attempt to clean it up yourself.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Farmington & Farmington Hills for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
If you have any questions about Mold, do not hesitate to Contact Us directly.